Friday 8 June 2012

Belated birthday celebrations

At the beginning of May it was my daughters 11th birthday.  We had all sorts of celebrations arranged, but unfortunately she came home from school the day before with a full blown cold.  She looked awful and because of the type of celebrations (including a sleepover with 4 girls in one room!) we had to postpone (after some tears!).  So we re-arranged for the jubilee weekend - as I knew they would then have a week to recover!

So 3 girls arrived late afternoon...........with chocolate milkshakes on arrival 



 Next was chocolate mud packs - here is my daughter having hers applied!

 

 Once the mudpacks were finally washed off (had a few panic moments when they wouldn't shift!), cooling cucumber for the eyes - she will kill me when she sees I have used this piccie!!


Finally some temporary tattoos and nail painting with pretty stickers



All of this was followed by pizza, garlic bread, coleslaw and french fries.
Freshly made pancakes with chocolate sauce, marshmallows and strawberries was offered for pudding...........yum!! But they didnt fancy this!! so had cakes instead.

Then they disappeared back upstairs for karaoke and a disco.  Later they were meant to watch a movie - but they just didnt settle........................until...............yawn!!!
midnight!!!  Then they were awake, shouting and running around at 6.00 in the morning...........thank god we live in a detached house!!
Breakfast was croissants and fresh orange and I counted down until 10.00 and parents came!! 
I missed out telling you about when they thought my laundry basket was a bin and posted the tissues caked in mudpack in there on top of my sons white school shirts and also the bit where one tripped on the stair and threw coke all up the wallpaper - but hey - we have done it now........never to be repeated!  Even my daughter agreed that next time she would just have one friend to stay.  I did notice on a couple of occasions that it all looked a bit much for her - the full on noise and commotion!! 

Glad WE had a week to recover - don't know about the girls!!!!

-x- 

9 comments:

  1. Eleven year olds grow up so quick these days.I think I was still playing with dolls at that age! Hope you managed to get the stain out of the wallpaper. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Yes, luckily it was an embossed paper that we painted - so it just wiped off and I got to it before it dripped onto the carpet!!
      -x-

      Delete
  2. I bet they had a whale of a time though. Hope you've now recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh. Totally sympathise! With everything! Last year my girly girl ended up having no party after coming down with tonsilitis. She'd just started school and ended up having two weeks off. By the time she went back, other children had handed out invites on or around the date hers would have been. So I knew there was no point in doing anything. She was so sad about that.

    This year, to make up for it, she had a big party at Frankie & Benny's on Tuesday - her birthday. There were 16 kids in total! Had everyone turned up or been able to make it, there would have been 21! It was Hard Work, so I can absolutely totally and utterly sympathise with how much hard work you have had on your hands!

    I'm enjoying the weekend, knowing it's all behind us and I bet you are too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew - bet you're glad that's over with! We had a mad birthday sleepover with half a dozen boys a couple of years back - NEVER again! My nerves were in shreds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello again, just saw your comment. The light is from Homebase. And since we bought it, it has 10% off (typical)

    this is the link to it.

    http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=9248605

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looks like jolly good fun!
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh - but such great fun though and 6am 'phew' I'd be crying at that point.

    I hope your family is OK - we've been watching the news too, such heart felt times.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete